||212 336 8056
||212 336 8000
||212 336 8001
90 Park Avenue, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10016
Tzvi Hirshaut has practiced intellectual property law for more than 20 years. Mr. Hirshaut’s practice encompasses the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, client counseling, IP litigation, licensing, and due diligence.
Before joining our Firm, Mr. Hirshaut was also extensively involved in the patent evaluation and review process for multiparty patent pools that have been established for various technical standards. This work required determining whether or not patents submitted by companies for possible inclusion in a particular patent pool for a technical standard are essential for implementing that standard.
Mr. Hirshaut holds an M.S. in electrical engineering. His work has extended across a wide range of technologies including optical discs, video and audio compression, digital signal transport, digital television, computer software, business methods, wireless devices, wave soldering systems, bar codes, automated laboratory diagnostic equipment, semiconductors, encryption, footwear, toys, and design patents.
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1994
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1992
- New Jersey, 1992
- Columbia University School of Law, New York, New York, 1992, J.D.
- Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Science, New York, New York, 1988, M.S., Electrical Engineering
- Yeshiva University, New York, New York, 1987, BA, Physics
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association